In addition to roof decks, cellular concrete can be used for a variety of civil and geotechnical applications. These include back fills on foundations and retaining walls, soil remediation, void fills, annular pipe fills and slab, and foundation fills.
Weight and Lateral Force Reduction
The ELASTIZELL EF places less load on the existing soil or structure even though the new fill depth is significantly greater than the original depth. This concept is utilized for both new construction as well as for rehabilitation techniques. These may be applied on existing marginal ground conditions such as peat areas or deep poor soils overlain with better material.
Pipeline Fills, Void Fills
In pipeline construction, these applications may include abandonment fills, annular fills for sliplined pipes, fills between both a pipe and a tunnel cut as well as pipe and a cribbed excavations. Other void fill applications include sinkholes, sealing settlement voids under slabs, and voids created by fill material washouts.
Sliplined Pipeline Applications
- Completely fills annular spaces and stabilizes the liner pipe.
- Reduced filling pressures due to its low density and high flowability.
- Eliminates surface trenching and disruption.
- Reduces dead load and settlement.
- Since no compacting is required, workers are safely out of the excavation during void filling.
- Complete void filling is verified by the volumes and density of the ELASTIZELL EF placed.
Want to learn more about engineered fill?
For more information contact one of our engineered fill specialists: